HomeProgram Target 5 - Global Impact
Alpha Kappa Alpha will engage in programming designed to enhance the international footprint of the sorority.
• National Global Impact Day. Chapters will engage in a community service project that has an international impact and will partner with organizations that make a difference worldwide.
• Global Assistance Activities. Chapters will engage in global partnerships that provide assistance to the underserved in international areas populated with people of color. These partnerships include the following:
- Soles 4 Souls. Chapters will collect gently-worn shoes and transport the shoes to specified locations. Soles 4 Souls, a non-profit organization, will process and ship shoes to destinations around the world populated with people of color.
- Lions Club International. Chapters will participate in an eyeglass initiative designed to prevent blindness, help restore eyesight, and improve eye health and eye care for millions of people around the world by donating used eyeglasses in partnership with local Lions Clubs.
- Pillowcase Project. Chapters will continue to use pillowcases to make dresses for little girls and will expand the sorority’s efforts to include shirts for little boys. The pillowcase dresses and shirts will be sent to Haiti to provide clothing for children in need.
- Refugees in America Assistance Program (RAAP). Chapters will focus on refugees of color in the United States by partnering with organizations engaged in support activities that assist refugees and their families to integrate into American life. This includes literacy classes, educational training, and other necessary transitional support.
"Upsilon Tau Omega: One Voice, One Vision, One Direction”
Mailing Address: P.O. box 44974, Fort Washington, MD 20749
If you have technical questions or concerns about Upsilon Tau Omega Chapter's website, please contact the Technology Chairman at firstname.lastname@example.org